Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday's Words of the Week

Last week I started recording the crazy/funny things that Wy-man says, so I thought I would try to make this my weekly Wednesday post.

Here are the words of this week:
1. "Peek-a-goo!" - He loves to play peek-a-boo with this blanket or towel (after bath time). I just think it is so cute when he says it.

2. "Dancing St-arrs" - I like to watch Dancing with the Stars on Monday nights (and Wy-man likes to watch it too...he will get his boogie on). Now when he wants to dance, or sees a promo throughout the week, he asks for Dancing St-arrs and really draws out the R in Star.

3. "My go first!" & "Wyatt's turn." - We all know when children enter the sometimes Terrible Twos they want to do everything themselves. Well, Wy-man has become adamant that he gets to try everything first! It is so cute yet can be frustrating at the same time.

4. "Pah-kin Patch" - As you saw from two of my recent posts, we visited the Pumpkin Patch and Wy-man was SO excited. Except he couldn't quite enunciate when he says Pumpkin. Instead it is Pah-kin.

5. "Dinkle St-arr" - Wy-man is now into singing songs and he pulls out this method right at bedtime. (And mama falls for it every time.) So lately he has been wanting to swing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star but when he makes the request it comes out at Dinkle St-arr. (Once again accentuating the R.) And while I know I should get him to say it correctly, I love it so much I haven't been able to ask him to fix it.

And that concludes this week's edition of Wyatt's Words of the Week.

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea! There's something about that innocently WRONG pronunciation that catches at a mama's heart :) Get him saying all of these things on camera if you can -- it's hard to believe how much their little voices change so quickly!

    I remember Mia saying at about this age, 'MY GET DOWN!' when she was throwing a bit of a fit in her high chair. That posessiveness is so funny -- even in situations where things can't actually be posessed!

    ReplyDelete