Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Craft Time

This past weekend Wy-man and I had some free time so we decided to make a fun Halloween craft project. I remember seeing an idea like this at his daycare last year so I thought I would give it a try at home. (And come to find out, one of my great friends, Kendra, did something similar with her two girls and it is one of the most adorable projects I have ever seen. Her's turned out way better than ours. She even framed hers and I think I am going to steal that idea from her so I can get out his craft every Halloween.)

As we began this project, I mentioned to Wy-man that we were going to use paint and he immediately became ecstatic. (He must love it when they paint at daycare.)

Step one of our ghost making was to paint the foot and make footprints on black paper. (I wasn't able to get a photo of this since I didn't trust him to sit there patiently with white paint on both feet...because of course we couldn't just tickle one foot. It had to be both!)

I then thought it would be fun to do thumbprint pumpkins on the envelopes. And as you all know, Wy-man is in the "My do it!" stage so he had to paint his own thumb...
(too bad this one had his eyes closed, but it was too ornery not to share with you)
We let the paint dry and a couple days later created thumbprint eyes. (This is when he sang me his ABCs...and that video is posted from earlier on in the week.)

Here's the final product that we sent out to a few family and friends...Wy-man was quite proud of his ghosts!
And, Mama wanted to get a little creative so I even drew a spider and spider web as a part of the return address label. (I am such a nerd, I know!)
I just love doing projects like this with him - not only can I cherish the keepsake that we've created, I am able to capture photos and memories that will last a lifetime!

1 comment:

  1. Cuteness!!!! I especially love the pumpkin thumbprints!! We might just have to swap ideas next year! :) And I totally love the bone snack below... Miss Priss and I might just do that one today!

    ReplyDelete