Friday, October 8, 2010

29 Ain't So Bad...

Today I turned 29, and thanks to my mama (and the rest of my family) I celebrated in style.

As most people know, I like to celebrate my birthday for as long as possible, so my mama didn't waste any time and began the celebration last night. When I showed up to pick Wyatt up (Dad-d is out of town for work so Mimi and Papa watched Wy-man while I taught Zumba), she had tons of goodies prepared. (And I forgot to take a photo of the cupcakes to show you how good they looked.) She had made treats for me to take to work - I soon got that feeling of grade school birthday celebrations all over again and I LOVED IT! (As did many people from my work since they were able to reap the rewards.) :-)

Then, tonight when I got off work I went by mom and dad's for dinner and this is what I saw when I arrived!

Those of you that know my mama, know that she loves to throw a fun party...and tonight she didn't disappoint. The table was set with formal place settings for all (even Wy-man), and each plate was adorned with a matching birthday napkin.

And I, being the birthday girl, had a special place setting with the birthday plate and mug! Who wouldn't want to eat a scrumptious meal on that fun plate?

Mom tried a new recipe especially for me...Chicken Bowtie Festival (my favorite entree from Johnny Carinos). Man was it yummy!

We then completed the meal with an almond cake that she had made (to match the colors of the b-day napkins,of course). And Wy-man had to help me blow out the candles. (It's a good thing this cake was topped in fondant that could be peeled off since his 'blowing' of the candles was mostly 'spitting' at the candles.)

And to top it all off, she sent me home with 29 beautiful pink roses...and the leftovers! :-) I am one lucky lady to be treated so special on my birthday. The one thing that would have made it better was having Mike here to celebrate with me. Well...just another reason to have another birthday celebration when he gets back, right?! ;-)

I told my mom that she should have saved all of this for next year...I think I am going to need all the support I can get when I turn 30!

Thanks mama for such a fun party tonight! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment