Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday's Words of the Week

Once again, I can't seem to post weekly, so here's for another three weeks of Wyatt-isms.

1. "Why?" - I knew this stage would be coming soon, but didn't expect it so soon. He now asks "Why" to everything.

2. "I-pack" - meaning Ice Pack. Any time he gets hurts he asks for an "i-pack." (And he's been getting hurt a lot lately.) :(


3. "Dense" - he loves to Dance and will frequently ask me to "dense" with him. (He must take after his mama...and he has some good moves too.)


4. "Mom teach gas. Mama Robot" - Most of you know that I teach aerobics two nights a week (Zumba) and for a couple weeks Wy has been saying "Mama Robot." I had no clue why he was calling me a robot. Then it dawned on me the other night when I was putting him to bed. He said, "Mama teach gas. Mama robot." I figured out he has been saying, "Mama teach class. Mama aerobics." What a smart cookie that he could put those two things together - when I don't typically refer to teaching class and aerobics in the same sentence when talking to him.


5. "My hold youuu." - Back in August when a couple of my great girlfriends came to visit and their girls were saying this very thing and I wondered if Wy-man ever would. And...he didn't let me down. This is one of my favorite Wyatt-isms.


6. "E is." - Lately Wy-man likes to ask me where something is, will go and find it and then exclaim, "E is." (meaning "Here it is.") So cute.


7. "Roll Rolls" - The other morning I was making cinnamon rolls and Wyatt asked what I was making. When I told him he started asking for "roll rolls." Now, when he wants me to make them, that's how he asks.


8. "Why?" - Have I mentioned he says "why" yet? ;-)


9. "Heey" - Any time Mike and I do something (like eat food off his plate, take a toy away, etc.) he will say, "Hey?!" It's quite adorable the way he says it.


10. "No, my good." - This statement began when I would ask him if he was poopy. He would look at me and say, "No, my good." His usage has now broadened to anytime we ask him to do something that he doesn't want to do. Like tonight, we were on web cam (he's in Kansas with Mike) and I asked him if he was going to go 'nite, nite' and he told me, "No, my good." Man is he ornery.


11. "My NEEED juice." - Last night we were at my mom's celebrating Mike's b-day and Wy-man was eating cake. He looked over at me and said, "My NEEED juice." really emphasizing the NEED. I looked at Mike, then my mom and said, "Did he just tell me he NEEDED juice?" What a stinker.

1 comment:

  1. Dominic just started saying, "I hold you?" when he wants you to hold him. It just kills me.

    ReplyDelete