Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Ice Cream!

Today Dad-D and I decided we should treat ourselves to some DQ ice cream. Dad-d got his usual (peanut buster parfait), I got my staple (snickers blizzard without chocolate syrup) and we got Wy-man a dilly bar. It seemed like an unbeatable solution at the time....

...and it was until we got home. Once we sat down at the dinner table, Wy-man decided he didn't want his dilly bar, he wanted MY blizzard. (I should've known.)

So being the smart mama that I am, I got out a bowl and put a large scoop of my ice cream into his bowl. When I pushed the bowl in front of him, he looked up at me in disgust, pointed to my dish and said, "No, MY ice ceem." (Since he can't say cream.)

So, I gave in. I scooped another mound of the blizzard into Wy-man's bowl, gave him my cup and began to eat from his dish - mind you, I was also using his little spoon since he also took my spoon away.
Every time I would try to scoop more ice cream into my tiny bowl, he would grab his blizzard cup, pull it close to him and yell, "Hey, that's mine!" It was too funny yet so frustrating at the same time.

So here's a little glimpse at what I was left with...

Gotta love a strong willed child! I wonder where he gets it?!

Ahh, the things we do for our children...(and for those that don't know...ice cream is my downfall, so the fact that I gave it up for Wy-man is HUGE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment