Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sip & See


Well it's been a while but finally able to share some photos of Colt's Sip & See Shower thrown by my wonderful sister and mom. The bad thing is...I got so caught up in the shower that I only took photos of me with the hostesses (I even forgot to include the baby), and of course I had to capture the fabulous decorations (prior to the shower starting). 

*****

Exactly two weeks after Colt was born my sister came into town and hosted a wonderful gathering at my mother's house to celebrate his arrival. I just love these ladies!

The shower theme was based upon Colt's bedroom - green, turquoise and frogs and the invites coordinated perfectly. Wy-man was even included in the process - they used his fingerprint to make the frogs.

From there, mom went out all in her decorations. (I tell her she needs to go into Event Planning since she sure knows how to throw a party!)

Since the shower allowed people to come and go as they pleased, there were different stations set up around the house - from food stations, to candy, to gifts, to thumbprint art - they thought of it all!

Each area was adorn with these fun decorations hanging from the ceiling.

They utilized the photos from Colt's hospital stay and newborn photo shoot as decorations. The photos were even hung them from frog clips. I tell you, the details were impeccable!

The candy bar was also a hit including all turquoise and green treats. And if you look closely, there are frog accents on the glassware containers.

The bassinet was also arranged as a focal point of the shower, matching the theme of course. It was a perfect place for us to lay Colt down to sleep during the shower so that he could still be admired...but he was adored so much he was held the entire time by all the ladies so we never even used this beautifully decorated area.

Diapers were the one thing we really needed so this diaper cake was perfect. And what do you know...it matched the theme too and was a perfect decorative element for one of the food tables.

There was food galore - practically anything anyone desired. From the fruit and veggie table, to the gourmet grilled cheeses, meatballs and chips & dip area and concluding with the garlic mashed potato bar.


But who could forget the dessert table that included a chocolate fountain with many different goodies for dipping. There were also cupcakes, cotton candy and even mint chocolate popcorn. Man, it was all so yummy.

However, what would a Sip & See be without cocktails? Mom and Ashley made blue martinis with the martini glasses rimmed in green sugar! (But, I totally forgot to take a photo of them). :(

*****

It wasn't until I got home that I realized I didn't even take any photos of the guest of honor (who also matched the theme in his blue and green frog onesie). So I quick snapped one of him all snuggled in his car seat sleeping. It was a tough day getting swooned on by all the women!
*****

All in all it was a wonderful shower. Colt and I are very blessed to have some many wonderful women in our lives. This day showed us once again that we are cared for. Thank you to all that came.

And an even bigger thank you to my mom and sister for hosting such a wonderful party. We love you with all of our hearts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment