Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Busted Lip

Last night my Mama Moment was a little scary. Wy-man slipped in the bathtub and busted open his lip...blood was everywhere so it was a good thing he was in the tub.

I quickly worked to stop the bleeding so I could assess the situation - stitches or no stitches - that was the question. So while Wy-man ate a popsicle (to help with the swelling since no 2 year old will sit still for an ice pack), I called the on-call nurse. After a 10 minute call she said he would be fine but I was still paranoid. I didn't want to be responsible for him having a huge scar on his lip when he gets older because some nurse listened to me babble about a cut that she couldn't even see and then decided it wasn't big enough to need stitches.

So, I thought it would be best to have Papa take a quick look (since he's in the medical field) and hopefully that would calm my fears. After driving across town to pay him a visit, he gave me the same answer as the nurse...so this paranoid mama finally felt better.

I then took this photo when I pulled into the garage - I couldn't resist. All of this lip trauma wore him out...but not before he got to put on his hat! (He must have learned the 'hat on backwards' trick from his daddy.)


No comments:

Post a Comment