Thursday, August 26, 2010

Iowa Family Vacation - Part 2

As our family vacation continued, we drove by the Iowa State Penitentiary (where my grandfather actually witnessed an execution)...And grabbed ice cream cones at the ice cream shop that Ashley and I would visit every summer when we were staying my grandparents.
It was so hot the ice cream was melting faster than they could eat it. But man did they have fun.

While in Ft. Madison we also got to see the house that Mimi grew up in as well as drive across the world's longest swing span bridge.
Then, we enjoyed the Sweet Corn Festival in Mt. Pleasant - rode a few rides, ate some funnel cake....
And sweat our butts off!
The guys got to hang out (Mike, Seth and my Uncle Brian)...
And Ash and I were able to have some sister time too.
We ended the vacation with a surprise 80th birthday (Cubs theme) for my dad's dad. It definitely was an eventful day (to say the least), but we were able to grab another family photo for mom's Christmas card...
And a large group photo of all family members in attendance. It was great to see so many of my relatives that I haven't seen since my wedding 6 years ago, and I know it made my grandma happy to have a new group photo for their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment