Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Eggstravaganza

Yesterday was a big day for this mama!

After dropping my current camera at Colt's baptism this past Sunday, I decided to invest in a new one. (Now I am in deep and must make something more out of this photography hobby.)  I am SO in love with my 60D and have hardly had a chance to even get all of my settings figured out. 

So before heading to daddy's work for their annual Easter Eggstravaganza, I dressed the boys in their first matching outfits and decided to have a quick photo shoot.

Needless to say, we only had about 15 minutes once Colt was fed and both boys were dressed, plus there wasn't much sunlight shining through the windows - not the ideal conditions for a photo session. But we made the best of it and I got a couple cute shots! (Of course, none of Wyatt with a great smile, but that doesn't really matter. To me, his beautiful brown eyes tell the story.)

And let me tell you, the love Wy-man has for his little brother is astounding. It sure makes mama and daddy proud!

By the time we finished the photo shoot we loaded the car - this mama was finally able to drive again! It felt so strange to be behind the wheel again...it had been since January 31st. The miracle in all of this was that we actually made it to the Easter Eggstravaganza right on time.

Wy-man enjoyed visiting the zoo animals and playing in the bounce-arounds (although I didn't get any photos of him during that part of the night since Colt was quite the attraction)!

But I was able to capture the bunny face painting, which was Wy-man's favorite part anyway!

The night wasn't complete, however, until we got to sit with the Easter Bunny. Can you believe how talented the bunny was to hold a squiring toddler and a newborn? And believe it or not, I was actually able to get a good photo!

Thanks Family Wellness for a super fun evening with the family - and forcing this mama to get out of the house!

1 comment:

  1. so happy for you in getting the new camera!!! now we can really work together and i can better explain! jealous of your camera though!!! you are going to love it!!! amazing images!!

    ReplyDelete